Friday, December 24, 2010

Random Thoughts

Just home from a 3:30am call and it's not worth going back to bed with all the stuff I have to do today. The brain is not working well enough to write something witty. So you get to hear how my head works when it is groggy:
----
Really bummed about the 2 brothers we lost in Chicago this week. 2 Families facing the roughest holiday season of their lives. 2 fine men lost. All for an empty structure that should have been razed years ago. I hope they hang the building owner. No amount of safety training could have avoided this tragedy. What it would have taken was the City Engineers sharing their database with the fire service.
----
Slowest early morning in the E/D I can remember in a long time. Nurses with their feet up on the desk, quiet hallways. Really weird. Must have been odd for the staff also. As I was doing my paperwork one of the RN's shot me with a saline flush syringe. They were getting silly and wanting the shift to end. Just weird.
----
I wonder what the old man we took in this morning is going to do with his day today when he gets out? A nice man in a neat, but small rambling little house that is tucked off the road in a wooded area. He's all alone and appears to be surviving OK with a lifetime of possessions neatly surrounding him. I wish him well.
----
Can't wait to see what Captain Willie's helper looks like tonight.
----
I'm hoping to get through the next tens days without any serious calls. Last year we had 2 outright saves during the holiday week. I can do without the drama.
----
Seven more days as an EMS Captain and I can't wait for my 'demotion' to Fire Lt. It will be like a vacation compared to running the EMS crew. They sucked the life out of me and it's time to re-charge.
----
I am really glad that the fire alarm at the mansion up on the mountain was a false trip last night. No real access for trucks, cold than a well digger, and dangerous work for everybody. That would be a nasty job that would have gone all night.
---
 I actually counted and it turns out there are 74 blogs I check and read regularly. I think that may be too many, but I can't drop any of them. I am pathetic.
----
I hope all of you reading this have a safe, happy, and comfortable holiday season this year, whether you are on the job or off. Be careful. Keep a sense of humor and try to enjoy the moment, whatever that moment might be.
----
 Be Safe,
UU

No comments:

Post a Comment