Friday, November 27, 2009

Chronicles Of EMS

I had to make this one of my first posts. The Happy Medic and Medic999 have just completed the grunt work on The Project which was then rolled into something else called the Chronicles of EMS. What this is turning into no one can really say, but what we do know is that it will be something worth keeping. There will be some sort of movie/video coming out from Setla Productions in the near future.
 If you were too lazy (or riveted by my prose!) to click on the links above, The Project developed as Mark and Justin had their own blogs and began to read each others. That led into swapping notes, complaints, and thought about their various agencies and systems. Mark is a Paramedic Team Leader in England, and Justin is a Firefighter/Paramedic in San Francisco. Blogging back and forth, then some emails, then phone calls, all lead up to them getting together. Mark spent about a week working with Justin in S.F.F.D. with camera crew in tow, and then Justin followed Mark back to the UK for a week at Mark's agency.
 The reason I lay all this out for you is that I fear you might be living under a rock and need somebody else to bring this to your attention. You see, this is something you have already missed in the 'live' stage, up to this point, but while everything is still fresh, you should follow all the links and catch up on the videos. There is much more to come from the project and everything up to now id just the raw stuff.
 Justin and Mark and getting re-acquainted with their respective families after about a 20 day non-stop odessy. They be back in about a week and start giving us the real lessons learned from their trip.
 We in the EMS community owe them both a debt of gratitude. While we don't know yet exactly what changes will come about from The Project, we do know that they have clearly opened the door and shown that we all have something to learn from each other, none of us have the perfect solution, and all we need to do is ASK.
 I started this scrawny blog today much because I have been reading Mark and Justin's stuff for well over a year now and know they have something to teach me. I also realize that I just might have something to teach others (my Instructor's credentials not withstanding). So let's see how this goes and if I can keep it up. In the meantime, go catch up on what Justin and Mark have been writing. I don't know these guys on a personal level, but I feel like we've been friends for a long time. (by the way HM, Capt. Tom says "Hello")
UU

3 comments:

  1. I have heard the name Capt Tom, for a while and have obviously seen you pop up from time to time. Its great to have you as part of the EMS Blogosphere and I truly look forward to reading your musings. P.S I am your first follower, Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark, Thanks for the kind words. Just a point of clarification. I am not Capt. Tom. He is a good friend and I thought I would pass on his regards. Apparently he has been reading HM since he started and you soon after. He is not as ruggedly handsome as myself, but please don't tell him that if you meet him someday. And before Justin gets all tweaked up, I admit that I am no where near as ruggedly handsome as he is. I may have been back when I was his age, but that was a looong time ago. When everybody knew what a steamer connection was.
    Thanks for being the first follower, I hope I can give you something worth reading.
    UU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your support and I can say this... the trailer for the pilot episode is going to ROCK!

    Ted

    ReplyDelete